Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants – ranging from fine dining to Pan-Asian experience dining and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat,bringing a touch of vibrant city centre style to the Yorkshirecountryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the richheritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different anddiverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combinedwith the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim tocreate memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place forour friends and colleagues to work.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
Grantley Hall is due to open in Spring 2019, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sommelier to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage, the Sommelier will deliver and manage the wine lists, and stock across the Grantley Estate to the expected standards and assist and support the Restaurant Manager’s in ensuring that customers experience the highest level of service.
31days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing withservice, Simply Health Cash Plan, Employee Assistant Line, discounts withsome fantastic Yorkshire attractions access to our Grantley Gateway reward,recognition and wellbeing platform, use of team gym and uniform.
• To implement a wine list that’s of the correct style and price point for each venue.
• Be able to competently deliver training to other members of the restaurant teams.
• Be able to build a bar and drinks list to the expected standard.
• To lead, manage and inspire your staff to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Counting cash, reconciling payments ad banking according to company systems.
• Responsible for rotas/staffing levels.
• Responsible for maintaining good staff welfare.
• Training and development of all staff using the company procedures.
• To deliver wine events and tastings to our customers and members.
• To manage and take ownership of the cellars and distribution of stock.
• Serving customers directly during busy periods and be able to completely cover the job description of each front of house role.
• Undertake monthly stock takes and overseeing and ordering of stock, keeping prices and bins up to date in the EPOS system
• Responsible for H&S, FSA requirements, Allergy Laws and Hygiene ratings
• Tohave outstanding customer service skills.
• To be presentable and smart in appearance at all times.
• To treat customers and team members with respect.
• All new customers get a friendly greeting, all leaving ones get a sincere goodbye.
• To have a proven track record in building a notable wine list
• To enjoy going the extra mile for guests, in providing them an enjoyable experience
• To ensure that you follow the challenge 25 policy strictly.
• To be qualified to level 3 WSET or similar or above
• To ensure a welcoming and atmospheric ambience.
• To ensure areas are clean and tidy at all times.
• To deal with or escalate customer complaints immediately and effectively.