Grantley Hall is an exclusive, 5 star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants – ranging from fine dining to Pan-Asian experience dining and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering gym and ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat, bringing a touch of vibrant city centre style to the Yorkshire countryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the rich heritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different and diverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combined with the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim to create memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place for our friends and colleagues to work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Spa Food Assistant who will assist the head chef in the assembly and service of healthy, nutritious snacks, salads, smoothies and treats in our Three Graces, luxury spa.
• 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service,
• Modern and spacious live in accommodation for eligible roles.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Team Member of the Month Awards.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
We are proud to be accredited by The Workplace Wellbeing Charter.
• We offer all team members free confidential and confidential assessments, personal fitness programmes and we can offer nutritional advice.
• We encourage a balanced diet by offering complimentary balanced meals whilst on duty,
• We are proud to be a mindful employer and we have mental health first aiders on site.
• We regularly hold health and well-being events to ensure we are supporting you and your goals accordingly.
• We have a confidential 24/7 team assistance line that offers you free telephone counselling as well as legal and financial advice and support.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketeer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel
- To assist the head chef in the assembly and service of healthy, nutritious snacks, salads, smoothies and treats in a luxury spa environment
- To ensure the whole team is working to safe and legal practices
- To ensure the training and standards are kept at all times
- To help ensure the staffing levels are kept to the correct business levels
- To ensure all products entering and leaving the kitchens are to the set Grantley Hall standards
- To uphold the team SOP’s given to you
- To track, replenish and keep in date order the stock holding
- To be pro-active with customer comments and complaints
- To identify areas of upselling opportunity and be proactive in increasing revenue generation for all areas of the business.
- The successful individual will be confident, self-motivated and present a professional persona in all circumstances.
- Have a high level of creativity and reliability
- The ability to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and the ability to deliver consistently high levels of service delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of a procurement system would be advantageous
- A flexible approach to work is required given the start up nature of the business.
- Held a similar position within a quality graded establishment
- Can produce a number of quality references