Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall
This is a unique chance to be part of a team delivering the ultimate dining experience. The Sommelier reports directly to the Restaurant Manager and is responsible for all aspects of the wine service within Shaun Rankin's Fine Dining Restaurant & Private Dining Room at Grantley Hall. This is an amazing opportunity to work within one of the best restaurants in Yorkshire which was recently awarded a Michelin Star.
• Capable of creating, purchase and manage a cellar of 300 wines plus.
• Inspire and train staff from your wine knowledge and experience.
• Help with food service, when possible, with the restaurant team.
• Responsible for maintaining good staff welfare.
• Making sure the wine and drinks service is at the highest level.
• Train and develop the staff using the company procedures.
• To deliver wine events and tastings to our customers.
• To manage and take ownership of the cellars and distribution of stock.
• Undertake monthly stock takes and overseeing and ordering of stock, keeping prices up to date on the EPOS system.
• Help push sales to gain the best possible profit for the restaurant.
• Responsible for H&S, FSA requirements, Allergy Laws and Hygiene ratings.
• Team player.
• Previous experience in a fine dining restaurant.
• Be passionate about delivering the highest levels of service to our guest in an engaging way.
• Perform wine decanting in a professional manner.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Well organised with great attention to detail.
• To have a proven track record in building a notable wine list.
• To be qualified to level 3 WSET or CMS.
• To ensure areas are always clean and tidy.
• To deal with customer complaints immediately and effectively.
• Ability to pass your enthusiasm to guests and team members alike.
• Well-presented and well-mannered.