Restaurant Receptionist / Host
Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK.
This is a unique chance to be part of the Front of House team delivering the ultimate dining experience.
Supporting the smooth running of service, the performance of the Commis Waiter ensures a flawless, uninterrupted unity of service for each guest at Shaun Rankin's Fine Dining Restaurant & Private Dining Room at Grantley Hall.
This is an amazing opportunity to work within one of the best Restaurants in Yorkshire.
• To greet all guests (whether resident or non-resident) welcome them to Grantley Hall and make them feel comfortable and looked after.
• Working alongside the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Manager to run the shifts.
• Meeting and greeting customers, organising table reservations.
• To deal responsibly with payment transactions and maintain strict control of the bills.
• Ensure each customer receives impeccable service.
• Dealing with customer enquirers and reservations accurately and promptly in the absence of the reservations department.
• Providing first class customer service and should be highly organised with good communication skills, both face to face and over the phone.
• To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
• Arranges for special services requested by the guest.
• To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
• To attend training courses and meetings as required.
• Have held a similar role within a high-level hotel or fine dining restaurant.
• Enthusiastic, quick thinking and welcoming personality.
• To be able to react to guest requests efficiently and to ensure details are communicated and followed through to all departments.
• Outstanding personal presentation and grooming.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the role.
• PC Literate, understanding of Microsoft outlook, Excel and Word