Restaurant General Manager
40,000 per annum
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK.
We are currently looking for a General Manager for our Fletcher's Restaurant, The Orchard, Norton Bar & Courtyard to join our leadership team at Grantley Hall.
The General Manager is entrusted with overseeing multiple food & beverage outlets at Grantley Hall including breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and in-room dining.
Key Metrics: Revenue £5million+; 300+ daily covers and 50+ head count.
We offer a wide range of benefits and have excellent opportunities for career development and provide exceptional training programmes for all employees as well as supervisors and managers:
• Service charge – typically £2400 annually
• 31 days holiday increasing to 33 days with length of service
• Free parking and live in accommodation available
• Complimentary bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
• Complimentary meals when on duty
• Refer a friend scheme
• Hands-on, operational role throughout all serving periods, will include evenings and weekends.
• Taking a leadership role in engaging with guests and team members to meet and exceed their needs.
• Acting as a coach and mentor to a 50+ team and to ensure high engagement levels, people development and retention, alongside a robust training and development plan.
• Managing cost and revenue in all areas of the restaurant without impact on brand, or quality standards.
• Continuously identifying and developing areas for improvement and motivating the team to actively take part in the process to enhance the brand experience.
• Showing a thorough understanding of the restaurant and hotel market to retain and increase the restaurant’s competitive advantage through continuous proactive strategic and operational planning.
• Proactively attracting and selecting talent for the department in line with company procedures and culture.
• Experience at managerial level within a large upscale, high volume multi-restaurant outlets
• A thorough understanding of leading and developing people effectively
• The ability to manage, draft and allocate complex budgets