21,840 per annum
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK.
We are currently looking for Linen Porter to join our Housekeeping team at Grantley Hall. The purpose of the role is to assist in the safe transportation and storage of clean and dirty linen. To carry out varying instructions given by the housekeeper on duty which will include, removing rubbish, distributing supplies, assistance in furniture movement when required.
• Adhere to the procedures and methods laid down in the Standards of Performance manual
• Keep equipment in good working order, follow health and safety procedures when in use and store items in the appropriate manner
• Re-stock working trolleys and store cupboards to the guidelines specified, do not overstock and ensure that store areas are kept clean and hazard free. Be considerate of other team members
• Ensure you conduct your role within the timing guidelines set down daily by your supervisor so other departmental needs are met at the appropriate time
• Always conduct your role in compliance with the risk assessment training for manual handling
• Arrive punctually for the start of shift so team briefs and training can be carried out
• Always follow all health and safety procedures and follow all security measures
• Follow procedures for the storing and movement of clean and dirty linens, report any issues to the laundry manager
• Follow the health and safety procedures for linens soiled by bodily fluids etc to protect other team members and raise awareness
• Report any linens damaged to your supervisor as soon as possible, section out and log for required repair
• Report any maintenance issues you observe to your supervisor or directly to maintenance on the Ansa phone so there is no delay to the guest arrival time
• Handle and remove rubbish in accordance to guidelines
• Report and store lost property found in accordance to company guidelines
• Attend training courses when required
• Ensure you follow all timekeeping procedures and follow policy regarding notification of absence
• Support your fellow team members
• Provide friendly and courteous service to all your encounter, make eye contact, smile and offer up a suitable greeting
• Comply with all Hotel and Company rules outlined in the Handbook and be aware of Company disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Ensure that requests by HOD and other Senior Management members are completed with regard to your role
• Notify Head of Department or duty housekeeper in the event of absence from work for whatever reason
• Wear and maintain the uniform provided
• To know and live Grantley Hall’s values every day without compromise
• Any other reasonable duties that may be requested
• Hardworking with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience of working in a Hotel is essential.
• The ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform