Housekeeping Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2
National Minimum Wage
• Arriving punctuality for the start of shift so team briefs and training can be carried out.
• Keep equipment in good working order, following health and safety procedures when in use and store items in the appropriate manner.
• Report to your housekeeper on duty any special requests given to you by guests directly, so these preferences can be noted.
• Always follow all health and safety procedures and follow all security measures.
• Attend training courses when required.
• Provide friendly and courteous service to all your encounter, make eye contact, smile and offer up a suitable greeting.
• Comply with all Hotel and Company rules outlined in the Handbook and be aware of Company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• Ensure that requests by HOD and other Senior Management members are completed.
• Notify Head of Department or General Manager in the event of absence from work for whatever reason.
• Wear and maintain the uniform provided
• To know and live Grantley Hall’s values every day without compromise.
• Any other reasonable duties that may be requested
• The apprenticeship consists of;
- Functional Skills Maths (Level 1)
- Functional Skills English (Level 1)
- An independent end assessment
• The qualification is, HIT Housekeeping Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2.
• This is the hospitality industry’s professional apprenticeship for staff who prepare and service bedrooms or who clean, service and prepare public rooms within their own workspace.
• This apprenticeship is suitable for those already in employment as well as those wishing to enter the hospitality industry.
• Progression from this apprenticeship could be to become a team or shift leader, supervisor, floor housekeeper, head housekeeper or executive head housekeeper.
• The apprenticeship course can take between 12 – 24 months, ending with an End Point Assessment.
• You will be assigned a HIT Trainer who will visit your workplace or have zoom calls throughout the apprenticeship.
• You will be required to do additional work set to you by your trainer and attend any 1-1’s, webinars or other video contact to discuss progress, mentor or be coached.