8.72 per hour
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a Hotel Porter to join our Front Office and Concierge team at Grantley Hall. The Hotel Porter is the front face of Grantley Hall, providing a warm and authentic Yorkshire welcome to all our guests.
40 hour contract, working 5 days out of 7, and will include weekends.
Previous hotel experience is essential.
• To greet all guests with a warm and welcoming approach.
• To make any suggestions for guests entertainment, dining and any other engagements.
• To assist with the organisation of on site events, such as weddings or meetings
• To direct or show guests to hotel amenities throughout the duration of their stay
• To take guest luggage to the correct rooms adhering to the correct SOP’s
• Giving guests a warm greeting when checking in to the hotel, offering help where needed to every guest.
• Park and retrieve guest cars as appropriate, securing the keys behind reception/in the concierge safe.
• Have a varied knowledge of the area, schedule arrangements for hotel guests such as carriages, reservations, route planning.
• Moving furniture and setting up rooms for events, ensuring the hotels 5 star standards are met.
• Ensuring the hotel lobby and surrounding areas are kept spotless, polishing reflective surfaces and dust free throughout.
• Maintain that the appearance, cleanliness and safety standards are adhered to.
• Assist in other areas of the hotel when needed.
• Ensuring that you are staying proactive during less demanding periods.
• Ensure all guests needs are met if not exceeded.
• Ensuring you are meeting procedure guidelines.
• Must possess a polite phone etiquette and communication skills.
• Must have impeccable grooming standards.
• Report any complaints or issues to the concierge or front office manager.
• The successful individual will be confident, self-motivated and present a professional persona in all circumstances.
• Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
• The ability to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and the ability to deliver consistently high levels of service delivery.
• Attention to detail is vital.
• Exposure to a 4 or 5 star environment in the hospitality industry would be advantageous.
• Flexible approach to working hours as there will be some weekend work and early/late shifts required to ensure office opening times are covered.
• The ability to work both individually and as part of a team