To Start in April
To ensure the Estate and Gardens are maintained to the highest standard by working as part of the Estates team. Although you will be responsible for maintaining your own dedicated areas and gardens.
To assist is ensuring all health and safety practices, work schedules and legal requirements are adhered to and correct procedures followed.
• To be part of the Gardening team.
• To maintain the Estate and Gardens to the highest level of presentation.
• To be able to work as a team member and communicate effectively at all levels.
• As part of the Estates team carry out all necessary tasks as instructed by the Estates manager.
• To ensure the highest levels of presentation of the Estate are always kept.
• To complete daily work recording in a timely manner.
• To ensure daily health and safety checks are carried out in accordance with the company’s health and safety policy.
• To participate willingly in organised training sessions within the hotel and Estates department.
• To be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure at times.
• To maintain a high standard of good personal hygiene and presentation.
• Cutting and maintaining lawns and grass to a variety of finishes, using a variety of machines.
• Estate work and Garden care, leaf-clearing and occasional litter picking including empty bins.
• Greenhouse and nursery practices.
• To live the Grantley Hall Values everyday day without compromise.
• The successful individual will be confident, self-motivated and present a professional persona in all circumstances.
• Excellent verbal communication.
• The ability to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and the ability to deliver consistently high levels of service delivery.
• A flexible approach to work is required.
• To have experience in working in a large garden.
• Good knowledge of plants, lawncare, glasshouse work, machinery.
• Horticultural experience, 3 to 5 years.
• Experience in working on chef’s kitchen garden desirable.