Deputy Restaurant Manager
£27,000 - £30,000
At Grantley Hall we have an exciting new opportunity for a Deputy Restaurant Manager to manage and be responsible for the smooth running of all the Fletchers Restaurant areas. The successful candidate will be focused on managing and developing a large team, ensuring high levels of customer service are delivered at all times, maximising the profitability of the business.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
• Operating the Fletcher Restaurant and the other Restaurant outlets to the required five star standards outlined in the Procedure Guidelines.
• Be able to competently supervise the operation of the restaurant during Breakfast,
Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner services.
• Competently supervise the operation of Room Service.
• To lead, manage and inspire your staff to deliver outstanding Guest service.
• Counting cash, reconciling payments ad banking according to company systems.
• Responsible for rotas/staffing levels
• To control the atmosphere of the venue, ensure lighting and music are appropriate and inviting, will need to be adjusted at appropriate times of the day.
• To attend weekly team meetings and feedback management decisions in a positive way, and let the General Manager/ F&B Director know of any feedback that needs to come up from the staff
• Supervise the set up and breakdown of the restaurant
• Serving customers directly during busy periods and be able to completely cover the job description of each front of house role
• Undertake monthly stock takes and overseeing and ordering of stock
• A strong background in luxury hotels or Restaurants
• WSET Level 2 minimum or strong wine knowledge and comfortable with food pairing
• Worked with various restaurant reservation systems I.e Resdairy
• Experience in managing a team in a similar hospitality setting – Two years minimum experience
• Hotel experience in minimum 4* Hotel environment