Deputy Head Housekeeper
26,000 per annum
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Head Housekeeper to ensure that the Housekeeping Department runs smoothly on day to day basis to the highest possible standards with the greatest amount of care paid to guests. To also ensure all hotel standards are always adhered to and to carry out projects where necessary.
• Adhere to the procedures and methods laid down in the Standards of Performance Manual.
• Assist with the Responsibility for compiling an ongoing training programme for the Department.
• Assist with Induction and training with all new staff and keep appropriate records.
• Assisting in responsibility for conducting ongoing training for existing staff to ensure Standards are maintained and keep appropriate records.
• Assist in the organisation of rota’s for cleaning duties in public areas, bedrooms, linen porters and evening staff.
• Assist in the supervision of cleaning, servicing and final checking of rooms.
• Assist in the organisation, distribution and collection of clean and dirty linen and uniforms.
• Assist, and in the absence of the Head Housekeeper conduct the monthly stocktake and complete appropriate paperwork.
• Complete daily timesheets for the Department. In the absence of the Head Housekeeper ensure the correct details are given to Finance for the payroll
• Assist in the ordering of cleaning materials and guest supplies.
• Assist with the Lost Property system
• Liaise with the Laundry on an ongoing basis.
• Assist with the ordering of stationery.
• Asist in the Responsibility for checking machinery and equipment for faults and report any defects to the maintenance department in the accepted manner.
• Responsibility to ensure that procedures are in place and are followed to report any hazards, faults and problems in the bedrooms and public areas to the maintenance department.
• Assist in the maintaining of equipment, store cupboards and Housekeeping office in a clean and tidy condition.
• Be aware of security always and ensure all cupboards and storage areas are kept locked after completion of bedrooms.
• Attend training sessions as required.
• Ensure correct procedures are in place for reporting accidents.
• Be aware of individual responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure safe working methods are always observed.
• Report any Hazards to relevant HoD’s or Maintenance using correct Hazard forms.
• Conduct and assist with Health and Safety training on an ongoing basis with the Department according to the Legal Compliance’s.
• Ensure that all COSHH sheets are up to date and the department have read them, fully understand and are fully aware.
• Comply with all Hotel and Company rules outlined in the Handbook and be aware of Company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• Ensure that requests by HOD and other Senior Management members are completed.
• Notify Head of Department or General Manager in the event of absence from work for whatever reason.
• Wear and maintain the uniform provided.
• To know and live Grantley Hall’s values every day without compromise.
• Any other duties that may be requested