Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall
£23,000 per annum
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK.
Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall are currently looking for an experienced Commis Chef to join a team of passionate Michelin Star professionals. As the Commis Chef in Shaun Rankin you will have the opportunity to thrive under the guidance of your peers.
As we only operate 6 service’s per week, from Wednesday to Sunday, this allows for you to have a sustainable work/life balance and to support your personal interests.
We offer a wide range of benefits and have excellent opportunities for career development and provide exceptional training programmes for all employees as well as supervisors and managers:
• Service charge – typically £2400 annually
• 31 days holiday increasing to 33 days with length of service
• Free parking and live in accommodation available
• Complimentary bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
• Complimentary meals when on duty
• Refer a friend scheme
• Operate each section in the kitchen whilst working alongside the senior Chefs to develop menus to develop your skillset.
• Work as part of the team, working towards the maintenance of the Michelin Star standard.
• Manage and prepare the sections stock, ensuring standards are met from day to day.
• Follow recipes in order to ensure consistency.
• Manage section orders, organisation and ensure cleanliness on any and all sections you are working in.
• Assist in all aspects of kitchen duties.
• Manage your time efficiently, meeting working deadlines given.
• Experience working within a Rosette or Michelin Awarded kitchen
• A passion to working with in a Michelin Star environment, learning from and experienced team.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Driven and motivated individual.
• Have good organisational skills and comfortable working in a high-level pressured environment.
• Enthusiastic, quick thinking and welcoming personality.
• Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the role.
• Self-motivated and present a professional persona
• Reliable and conscientious.
• A flexible approach to work required given the start-up nature of the business.
• Ideally Rosette/ Michelin Star experience.