Banqueting and Events Assistant Manager
We are currently looking for a passionate and personable Banqueting and Events Assistant Manager to join our growing Events team here at Grantley Hall.
You will be assisting the Banqueting and Events Manager in the smooth running of our luxury event space, to lead from the front and participate in all Events held at Grantley Hall.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and seven sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
• Assistant the Banqueting and Events Manager in the day to day operational running of the venue and department
• Organise and prioritize staff rotas and shift patterns according to business needs
• Have a positive and influential approach when leading the Events team
• To organise and communicate to all hotel departments regarding upcoming events, show round appointments and wedding viewings
• To ensure all products served to and/or provided for the guest are set to Grantley standards
• Working with the sales team and the operational team to achieve exceptional service from the beginning to the end of an event
• Take ownership to ensure the stock holding is tracked, replenished and kept in order
• Be pro-active with customer comments and complaints
• To identify areas of upselling opportunity and be proactive in increasing revenue generation for all areas of the business
• The successful individual will be a confident, self-motivated and present a professional outlook at all times
• It is essential that you have had numerous years of experience as a Manager/leading a team in a Hospitality setting
• Have a high level of attention to detail whilst ensuring all Events spaces are maintained to the Grantley Hall standards
• The ability to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and deliver consistently high levels of service
• Previous experience in a Food and Beverage setting is essential