Assistant Restaurant Manager
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK.
We are currently looking for a Assistant Restaurant Manager – EightyEight, Pan Asian Restaurant and Bar to join our management team at Grantley Hall. The Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager is entrusted with overseeing multiple outlets including the EightyEight Restaurant, EightyEight Bar and Valeria’s Late Night Champagne Bar.
• Engaging with guests and team members to meet and exceed their needs.
• Making sure the ambiance and standards of presentation of our outlets are levels, people development and retention.
• Managing cost and revenue in all areas of the restaurant without impact on brand, or quality standards.
• Installing a culture of continuous development and innovation, identifying new ways to surprise and delight your guests and team of the highest standard at all times; handling any complaints during service and beyond with the utmost professionalism.
• Acting as a coach and mentor to a team and to ensure high engagement.
• Continuously identifying and developing areas for improvement and motivating the team to actively take part in the process to enhance the brand experience.
• Showing a sound understanding of the restaurant and hotel market to retain and increase the restaurant’s competitive advantage through continuous proactive strategic and operational planning.
• Proactively attracting and selecting talent for the department in line with company procedures and culture.
• Experience at managerial level within a large upscale, high volume restaurant.
• Focused on people, you have a natural desire to grow and nurture team members through coaching and training.
• You are highly motivated and possess an immense sense of pride in your work.
• Be a strong team player with great communication skills and an enthusiastic approach.
• A thorough understanding of leading and developing people effectively.
• Have a knowledge and understanding of Pan-Asian Cuisine.
• The ability to manage, draft and allocate complex budgets.
• A thorough understanding of managing various stakeholders and their expectations.
• 5 Star Hotel Experience is preferred