Follow Grantley Hall’s Head Pastry Chef, Stefan Rose’s recipe to make 'Grantley Hall Amaretti Biscuits' at home.
These delicious biscuits feature as a side on the popular Fletchers Restaurant crème brûlée dessert. You can easily recreate this recipe at home and serve the biscuits alongside coffee, alongside a dessert of your own, or simply as a sweet treat to enjoy!
- 148g egg whites (around 4 large egg whites)
- 382g ground almonds
- 300g caster sugar
- 30g Amaretto
- 5g vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- Caster sugar (for rolling)
- Icing sugar (for rolling)
- Whip egg whites on a stand mixer or with an electric handheld whisk to medium stiff peaks.
- Put the ground almonds, caster sugar and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Gently fold in the beaten egg white and then add in the Amaretto liquor and vanilla extract stirring until you have a smooth paste.
- Add a generous amount of caster sugar into a bowl or container and sieved icing sugar into another.
- Portion the mixture into around 24g pieces. Roll in the caster sugar, shape into a ball, then roll in generous amounts of icing sugar. Spread out on a baking tray lined with parchment and bake immediately.
- Place in the oven and cook for 14 minutes at 170C until they look cracked and lightly golden brown.